- Full Profesor
- XCV Research Lab
- Department of Computer Science
- School of Engineering
- Universidad Católica de Chile
Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, and Computer Vision. See more.
Data & Software
- GDXray: Database of X-rays
- Balu: Matlab Toolbox for image processing, pattern recognition,
andcomputer vision Xvis: Matlab Toolbox for X-ray testing
Loreto Prieto, Daniel Saavedra, Enzo Buscaglia, Esteban Villalobos
M.Sc: Sebastián de Vidts, Analí Alfaro, Erick Svec, Marco Arias, Daniel Heinsohn, Tomás Larraín, Germán Mondragón, Esteban Cortázar, Cristóbal Undurraga, Pedro Cortez, Mauricio Ubilla, Hans Loebel, Eduardo Peña, Sergio Hernández,Miguel Carrasco, Dennis Hahn, Gonzalo Gutiérrez, Claudio Geng, Ali Karsahin, Baba Taheri, Dirk Machewski.
PostDoc: Romeu da Silva
Domingo Mery is Full Professor in the Department of Computer Science at UC. He received the Diploma (M.Sc.) degree in Electrical Engineering from the Technical University of Karlsruhe, Germany, in 1992, and the Ph.D. degree with distinction at the Technical University of Berlin, in 2000. He was a Research Scientist at the Institute for Measurement and Automation Technology at the Technical University of Berlin with the collaboration of YXLON X-Ray International. He was a recipient of a Scholarship from the Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation, and from a Scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for his Ph.D. work. He was Associate Research in 2001 at the Department of Computer Engineering at the University of Santiago, Chile. Now, he is Full Professor at the Department of Computer Science at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (UC), Chile. He was Chair of the Computer Science Department in 2005-2009. He was Associate Visiting Professor at the Computer Vision Research Lab of the University of Notre Dame in 2014-2015. He was Director of Research and Innovation of the School of Engineering at the UC in 2015-2018. He serves as Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Information, Forensics and Security, the IEEE Transactions on Transactions on Biometrics, Behavior, and Identity Science, and the International Journal of Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems. In addition, he is the Editor of I3 Journal for Research, Interdiscipline and Innovation at the School of Engineering (UC). His research interests include image processing for fault detection in aluminum castings, X-ray imaging, real-time programming and computer vision. He is author of more than 60 technical SCI publications, and more than 70 conference papers. He served as Local Co-chair of ICCV2015 (Santiago de Chile). He was program general chair of the PSIVT2007, program chair PSIVT2009 and General Co-chair of PSIVT2011 (Pacific-Rim Symposium on Image and Video Technology), and 2007 Iberoamerican Congress on Pattern Recognition.
- Ron Halmshaw Award for publishing the best paper during 2017 on industrial radiography in journal Insight.
- IAPR Best Paper Presentation at Pacific-Rim Symposium on Image and Video Technology (PSIVT2015), Auckland, New Zealand.
- Best Paper Award, International Workshop on Soft-Biometrics in conjunction with European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV 2014), Zürich, Switzerland.
- John Grimwade Medal for publishing the best paper during 2013 in journal Insight.
- Ron Halmshaw Award for publishing the best paper during 2012 on industrial radiography in journal Insight.
- Ron Halmshaw Award for publishing the best paper during 2005 on industrial radiography in journal Insight.
- Best Paper Award. Panamerican Conference on Non-destructive Testing (PANNDT 2003), Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.
Insight is the Journal of the British Institite of Non-destructive Testing.
|My photos on Flickr|
|My photos on Instagram|
|My portfolio on Adobe Portfolio|
Where I am
Domingo Mery, Departamento de Ciencia de la Computación, Edificio San Agustín, Campus San Joaquín, Universidad Católica de Chile, Av. Vicuña Mackenna 4860 (143), Santiago de Chile